In 2006, a movie came out entitled “300.” It was a film about a dedicated group of Spartans who gave all to stand against Xerxes and his 300,000 soldiers at the Battle of Thermopylae.
Well, this year, I am looking for 300 friends who will read the Bible with me.
For many reasons, I have chosen to to utilize the Blue Letter Bible Chronological Plan found on http://www.bible.com. Will you come along and join the journey? A simple link is found below:
If you do, here is what I can promise:
- The time commitment each day will be less than 10 minutes
- The plan will help you better understand the historical flow of the Bible
- The “Bible App” can be downloaded on your computer and mobile device
- The “Bible App” can assist you audibly or visually
- Reminders and notifications can be set to encourage you
- You and your family could benefit by reading the same texts each day
- God will bless you with fresh grace
Then, I will attempt to encourage you by regularly writing short devotionals to assist in interpretation and application. I can’t promise God will use me mightily in your life, but he might. He has used plenty of willing and foolish men before; perhaps he will do it one more time.
Friends, come join the fun. Come join the brotherhood and sisterhood. Come join the 300, and let’s take a stand together in the Holy Spirit and his Holy Word. The chief end of man is to enjoy God and his glory. (My preferred slant) Reading the Bible, in a spirit of prayer, alongside a community of worshipers, is sure to assist in this endeavor. These are means of grace, and who amongst us can’t use even more grace in 2019.