Are you suffering?
Have you a loved-one or friend who is hurting and being crushed?
Here are some lessons from the Book of Job. Here are some thoughts to consider as you cry:
1. God is sovereign in suffering. The omniscient and omnipotent God is sovereign over Satan, sinners, storms, and sickness.
2. God is purposeful in suffering. The omniscient and omnipotent God always has a reason for the suffering he oversees. Suffering is never wasted. It always serves his purposes.
3. God is mysterious in suffering. The omniscient and omnipotent God rarely presents the purpose and outcome of his plan. Consequently, the sufferer and counselor do not have all the facts and should be careful in declaring their “wise” conclusions and remedies.
4. God is to be faithfully worshiped by the sufferer. The faithful response to suffering is to believe, love, submit, and praise God regardless of one’s circumstances or conditions.
5. God is gracious to the unfaithful sufferer. When God’s providential pain is responded to improperly by the Lord’s saints, God always remains faithful to love, sympathize, pray, support, strengthen, encourage, and ultimately restore — sometimes in this life, always in the next.